For faults and trouble-shoot methods, please see Table as below:
The liquid flows regularly,but the
equipment fails to provide indication
and increase of quantity
1)Broken supply circuit or signal circuit
or bad contact
1)Use a universal instrument to check the circuits and remove the breakdown point.
2)Failures or bad contacts of PCB and
2) replacing PCB
3)Use a iron bar to move quickly under the detecting head, in the case of no signal output, check whether there is line cut and sealing-off at the soldered dot in the coil.
3)Breakdown of pre-amplifier
4)Voltage supplied for the pre-amplifier is
4)Rise source voltage up to the
5)The impeller is clamped down and
5)Remove the foreign matter and clean or replace the damaged parts,and after replacing the parts, the transducer should be recalibrated.
1)The filter is blocked up and the pressure loss is growing bigger to reduce flow.
1)Remove foreign matters in the filter.
2)The valve plug on the pipeline is loosening, and the valve opening is reduced.
2)Repair or replace the valve.
3)The impeller is blocked up by impurity or
foreign matters enter.The clearance between
bearings,which bring about bigger resistance,
thus reducingthe speed.
3)Clean the flow meter, if necessary,recalibrate it.
Flow indication is lowering
gradually.When the fluid is not
flowing,but the indication is not
zero, and the
Indication value is not stable.
1) Bad shielding and groundingof the transmission line,Interference of outside,electromagnetic field.
1)Check the grounding and eliminate
2)Pipeline vibration causes shake of impeller.
2)Fasten the pipeline or add supports
in front and back of the flow meter.
3)Leakage of globe valve
3)Repair or replace the valve.
4)Circuit or electronic components in the display Instrument are damaged and bring
4)Take “short-circuit” method or check
them one by one to find out the
The indicated flow is not in conformity with the actual flow.
1)The impeller as been corroded and the
blades are deforming.
1) Repair the impeller or replace it and
then recalibrate the transducer.
2)Impurities have stopped the impeller from
2)Remove such impurities.
3) The output signal of detecting coil is not
3) Check the insulation resistance and
on resistance of the coil.
4) Fluid temperature is too high or too low,
which results in big change of clearance between bearing and shaft.
5) Inadequate back pressure toresult in
6) Fluid viscosity is becoming bigger as a
result of temperature influence.
7) Reverse flow as a result of failure to
install a clack valve.
Take tailor-made measures to remove
8) Leakage of the bypass valve
8) Close the bypass valve, if necessary,
9) Distortion of flow velocity distribution in
the upper streamof the transducer or a
9) Try to find out the cause of such
distortion or pulsating flow and take
appropriate measures to eliminate such
10) Display instrument fault
10) Repair the display instrument
11)Incorrect connection of display instrument
11) Try to correct the connection
12) Wrong setting of display instrument
12) Try to correct the setting
13) The actual flow surpass the specified
13) Replace the flow meter with one of
The user must contact us in case of failure of transducer during operation. In that case, please make detailed description of the instrument fault, operating conditions, measured fluid characters, model and serial number and other details of the faulted instrument.When it is necessary, please attach the schematic diagram of the installed pipeline as well as major technical parameter, for purpose of our better service for you.